An unforgettable first visit...

Secondary banner
 
 Howdy future Jags!

  If you've poked around my blog before, you'll know that I always sing high praises for our campus tours. Today I'm going to share my memories of my first campus tour here, which was the first time I had ever visited South's campus!

  When I was considering colleges in high school, South did not come onto my radar until pretty late in the game. I was very focused on going to a university with an excellent Geology program, so I had my gaze turned across the country, to Colorado or Arizona. One day, my mom mentioned South Alabama, which I wasn't aware existed and was only an hour away from home. I figured I might as well just tour it for fun, to keep my options open... and I'm so glad that I did!

  South Alabama was the first college I ever toured, and I was blown away not only by the beauty of the campus but also by the friendliness of the staff and students who spoke to me that day. My tour guide was friendly, funny, and knowledgeable, and if there was something I wanted to see, she made sure we got to see it. The adviser that I met with helped me understand aspects of the application process that I had previously been unfamiliar with, and once my day ended, I felt like I was leaving a campus I feel I could call home.

  Afterwards, I took other campus tours, which were also unique and memorable-- but something about South just kept calling me back. As such, I decided to attend a USA Day, which is a special preview event the university holds for prospective students. USA Day sold me on South; I got to speak to the head of the Geology department, and we had a very long discussion about my plans and my goals. He was actually the one who encouraged me to attend the Honors College panel at USA Day, and attending that panel convinced me to apply to the Honors College. I might not be a Geology major anymore, but I still think fondly about that day and that former faculty member because that was when I really made the decision to attend South.

  The campus tour I took and the USA Day I attended were integral to my coming to South. I couldn't recommend them enough if you are looking for an in-depth look into what South Alabama has to offer.

  Campus tours are offered year-round during the weekdays. If you'd like to schedule a campus tour, you can call 251-460-7834 or register online.

  USA Days are special Saturday visits. We have an upcoming USA Day on November 3, and we will have one in the Spring on February 23. For more information, visit our website.

Until next time...
Evy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

Relaxation at its finest...