A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

 

  Hey everyone!

  If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that I don't actually live in Mobile. I live near Ocean Springs, Mississippi, which is a little over an hour away from South's campus. I drive here 5 days a week and spend about 10 hours total a week in the car! As such, my typical week looks pretty similar across the board. Here's a snapshot of what it's like...

  I normally leave my house by 7:30 a.m. most days even though my first classes start at 9:30 a.m. or later. I like to give myself some extra time in the morning when I get here to either eat breakfast or do some homework. When I have this extra time, I typically go to the Seaman's Bethel, which is the Honors College hub.

  A lot of my day is eaten up by classes. Since I live far away, I like to schedule several classes a day so I'm more motivated to make the drive. But in my downtime between classes, I'll eat lunch and study. You can almost always find me at the Bethel between classes. It's a very comfortable and usually quiet place, and sometimes I really need a nap!

  After classes wrap up, I come to work here in the Communication Center! I'm here until 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday so I can help you guys out in your college decision process.

  Because of my commuter status, my schedule might look pretty inflexible compared to those of my peers that live here. But I like the structure of it! I have enough downtime each day to grab a bite to eat and relax (or catch up on work) before my next task.

  If you're considering South and also might have a long commute, please don't hesitate to contact me! I'd be glad to talk to you about it and help you weigh the pros and cons of being a commuter with a lengthier drive.

Until next time..
Evy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relaxation at its finest...

An unforgettable first visit...