What's the best college for you?

  Hey everyone! There's a lot that goes into choosing the best college for you, so today I'll be discussing three major points you should focus on when it comes to narrowing down your decision.

  1. Tuition, Financial Aid, and Scholarships. How much you'll be spending at a college truly affects your likelihood of attending. If University A is offering you a free ride, it will probably be hard to resist! Look into what kind of financial aid and scholarships you qualify for at each college you're considering. It really helps narrow down your options.
 
  2. Distance. This ties into the costs of college, but it's something you really ought to consider. Do you want to move far, far away from home, or do you want to stay in the area? When I was in high school, I really wanted to move across the country to attend a certain college that specialized in the major I started out as... but now that I'm still living at home and commuting because its the most cost-effective solution, I'm really glad that that's what I ended up doing. It's hard to be realistic about these sorts of things sometimes, but I definitely recommend truly considering how far you're willing to move.

  3. Your major of choice. One of the most important factors for me when I compared colleges was my major. I spent a lot of time researching the Geology programs of quite a number of schools. However, like with considering distance, you need to remember that plans and passions change. I almost went to a college that focused entirely on Earth Sciences that was across the country, and I'm not even an Earth Science major anymore! You can't account for everything that life will throw at you, and even if you think you know 100% what you want to do, things can change-- but it does not hurt one bit to be well acquainted with the programs and majors that your college has to offer. I wouldn't have considered South if I didn't hear good things about their Geology program, so even if that's not what I'm doing anymore, I'm still glad that I narrowed my choices down based on my prospective major.

Good luck out there!

Until next time...
Evy Savoie☆ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

An unforgettable first visit...

Relaxation at its finest...