Reach for the stars...

Credit: A. Fujii
  
 My time here at South isn't just to get a degree and move on. I plan to go on to graduate school once I've completed my Bachelor's, and the opportunities that South is providing me are integral to ensuring I continue on with that plan. 

  Because I'm in the Honors College, I am given the opportunity and the resources to do significant undergraduate research. Not only will that give me real, proper experience, it will also put me in a grade above the competition I have when applying for grad school. Research also provides wonderful networking opportunities, all of which I find especially important. 

  I am not quite sure what I'd like to do career-wise yet, so I appreciate the opportunities to try new things and discover what I love. I've tossed around the idea of perhaps going into scientific journalism, so I sought a job at The Vanguard, where I've been learning the ins-and-outs of a newspaper operation.  

  All of my experiences here thus far have given me tools I need to continue on with my long-term plans, and for that I am eternally grateful to South. I know I can speak of my undergraduate experience with pride-- that I know I was sufficiently prepared for what's to come.

Until next time...
Evy Savoie☆ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

An unforgettable first visit...

Relaxation at its finest...