Introductions and South

  Howdy future Jags!

  Welcome to the USA Class of 2023 page, and welcome specifically to my blog! My name is Evy, and I'm a third-year junior here at South. I'm majoring in English with a Literature concentration, and I'm minoring in Geology. I'm also a member of the USA Honors College and currently am in the process of arranging my research for a senior thesis.
 
  I'm from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, near Ocean Springs or Vancleave, and I still live there today. I commute to the university every day for class! So I spend a rough 10 hours in the car every week. Sometimes it's exhausting, but at the end of the day, it's really not so bad!

  Something really special about South is our wonderful faculty. In my experience, most of the professors here care about your education and want to see you succeed... even the ones who might seem intimidating at first! Combined with our small class sizes, it feels like you can genuinely build a connection with your professors, which is important for future career networking down the line.

  I love it here at South, more than I can usually put to words. It's a wonderful campus, and I thank my lucky stars that I decided to come here. If you ever have any questions-- be it about English, Honors, commuting, or otherwise-- don't hesitate to drop me a line! The prospect of college can be very daunting, and some inside perspective can help put your anxieties to rest.

Until next time...

Evy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

An unforgettable first visit...

Relaxation at its finest...