What does college have to offer me?

  Hi everybody!

  I hope your summer has treated you well. If you're new to the page or to my blog, my name is Evy and I am an English major here at the University of South Alabama. Don't be afraid to drop me a line if you have any questions I can help you with... but for now, let's get cracking:

  You may be at a point in your high school career asking yourself if college is worth the hassle. What's in it for me? Why bother?

  If you're asking yourself these questions, I suggest taking the time to sit down and really consider what your plans are for the future. College isn't for everyone, this much is true! But if you're looking to have a solid career, you're going to need to do your research. Does your potential career necessitate a degree?

  I know that the process of deciding on college can be very daunting, but there are more benefits to a college education than just a degree. At a university, you're given an opportunity to bond and interact with such a wide variety of people from all walks of life -- the college campus is a truly unique experience that I daresay you won't be able to find elsewhere.

  In this vein, one of the biggest benefits beyond your education and social life is networking. Much of professional life in any field requires a strong sense of networking, and college gives you ample opportunity to do just that. There are so many research, internship, and study abroad opportunities available to the college student... the options are really almost unlimited.

  So my advice to any of you on the fence about college: identify what you think you'd like to do in the future. College can truly make a world of difference to not only your professional and academic life but also your social life.

Until next time...

Evy Savoie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week in the Life of a Commuter Jag...

An unforgettable first visit...

Relaxation at its finest...